Wired Intelligent Edge

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Bring performance and reliability to your network with the HPE Aruba Networking Core, Aggregation, and Access layer switches. Discuss the latest features and functionality of your switching devices, and find ways to improve security across your network to bring together a mobile-first solution
Expand all | Collapse all

ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (8th Edition) May 2020

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (8th Edition) May 2020

MVP GURU
    Posted May 22, 2020 07:18 PM

The new 8th updated edition of ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide is available since yesterday 22nd May 2020 on the Aruba Support Portal (ASP) downloads (filtered by Document file type) page (please use search the string "Transceiver Guide" and sort by "Release Date: New to Old").

For reference:

Document Part Number: 5200-3362g

Published: May 2020

Edition: 8

Worth to note a whole new Chapter about SFP56 Modules.

• 2.  RE: ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (8th Edition) May 2020

Posted Aug 17, 2020 03:36 PM
      |   view attached
    Hello Parnassus

I hope you're well.

Do you know how to tell me the maximum range in meters we can reach through the J9150D interface using the standard OM5 fiber?

This edition of the manual does not address this type of fiber.

Thank you!

• 3.  RE: ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (8th Edition) May 2020

MVP GURU
    Posted Aug 18, 2020 03:41 AM

Hi, I quote from: https://community.fs.com/blog/three-critical-focuses-on-om5-fiber-optic-cable.html : actually, for all current and future multimode IEEE applications including 40GBase-SR4, 100GBase-SR10, the maximum allowable distance is the same for OM5 as OM4 (in reality for 40/100Gbps maximum allowable distances compared to OM3/OM4 are higher, for 10Gbps there were no changes with regards to that distance AFAIK).

• 4.  RE: ArubaOS-Switch and ArubaOS-CX Transceiver Guide (8th Edition) May 2020

Posted Aug 18, 2020 09:44 AM

, thank you very much for the information.