Question: How do I set up ECS to download and update the security templates and vendor code definitions automatically?
Product and Software: This article applies to ECS 4.0.x and later.
Bradford consolidates the security policy templates and vendor code identifications from various anti-virus vendors once a week. Bradford offers this update to ECS to stay protected from the latest threats online.
The Auto-Definition Synchronizer uses FTP to download the latest security policy templates (for example, anti-virus, anti-spyware, and operating system updates) and vendor codes (for example, MAC addresses for new NIC cards) onto your NAC appliance based on the schedule that you define.
By default, system updates are retrieved using FTP from the Bradford downloads server (downloads.bradfordnetworks.com ).
Ensure that passive FTP is permitted in the firewall to the Bradford website.
To enable automatic definitions update and schedule the synchronizer runtime, follow these steps:
1) Access the NAC GUI.
2) Go to the Security Management view and click Auto-Def Schedule.
3) Select the schedule interval. For example, 7 days means every 7 days.
4) Set the next scheduled time (date/time format).
5) Click Apply.
To verify that the Auto-Definitions Synchronizer has run and has updated definitions on your NAC appliance, follow these steps:
1) Navigate to the Scheduler view (Go-Scheduler).
2) View the "Last Scheduled Time" and "Next Scheduled Time" for the task to run.