Aruba Apps

last person joined: 4 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

3600 Local/Client license server tech-support log - Understand Licenses

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  3600 Local/Client license server tech-support log - Understand Licenses

Posted Oct 24, 2014 05:53 AM
      |   view attached

Hoping for some assistance here.

I am looking at a customer's 3600 licensing server client controller AOSv6.3.1.5 tech-support log.  I can accept some small descrepancies with license miss matchaes in AP, PEF & RFP but am confused because of the supposed limits of this controllers licensing support i.e. 128 CAPs/RAPs And Pre-5.x or 6.x = 4x RAPs) in the area of the license client table, system limit of 512, contributed AP Licenses etc, and in the case of the system limit why this number is so large (would this now show 256 for AOS6.4 in regard to the Oversubscription feature which i understand as being 2x for the 3000 and M3 controllers?).

I currently do not have the Master/Primary license Server logs and may be this would also assist me to understand the complete picture?

Can any one cast a light on the information in the attached file please which includes the licensing tables only ?  For starters i can tell you there are certainly 143 RAPs supported by this system but that is also confusing given AOSv6.3 is installed.

Many thanks

Graham Dayer

Presales - Pervasive Networks

UK.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  RE: 3600 Local/Client license server tech-support log - Understand Licenses
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 24, 2014 06:24 AM

Graham,

The licence limits are still the same for the 3000 series.  The 72x0 controllers began to have the 1 CAP = 1 RAP limit.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_63_Web_Help/Web_Help_Index.htm#ArubaFrameStyles/New_Licenses/License_Usage.htm#new_licenses_4235106931_1058469

• 3.  RE: 3600 Local/Client license server tech-support log - Understand Licenses

Posted Oct 24, 2014 06:42 AM

Thanks for the speedy response Michael.  I guess i got my self in twist in regard to a few features and just plain forgot this. 

Thanks again

Graham