Aruba Apps

Occasional Contributor II

Aruba Utilities android app errors

I have an Aruba RAP109 and the android app and I keep getting parse errors when I run cmd like CPU usage,etc..<br><br>

Re: Aruba Utilities android app errors

I suspect Aruba Utilities is intended for use with our Controller platforms and not Instant.  I am basing that on the fact that it is trying to run commands that apply to controllers but don't exist in the IAP CLI.  For example "no paging" does not exist in IAP but does on a controller.

I will see if I can verify if testing has been done for Utilities and Instant and will report back...........................................

Yeah that does sound wierd.... Thanks for looking into it ;-)

I got the word from the developer.  Utilities was indeed developed with the Controllers in mind and no thought or testing was done for Instant.   That being said, if you ignore the parsing errors, the utility should work fine with IAP. 

He will look at adding IAP; however, if it appears I suspect it would be some time...........

Thought so.. Thanks for clearing the air (pun intended) on this!!

Thanks also for passing the suggestion to the devs!!
MVP

I'll chime in to say that I've been using the app in both controller and iAP settings, and find it quite useful in both.

(excepting having to ignre the parsing errors)

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it

For anyone looking for this, please see this link to the app directly:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.arubanetworks.arubautilities&hl=en

It is an awesome app!!!

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos

I like it as well! :)

Aruba

It's good to hear people are using the app and finding it useful.  The Google Play Store says there are over 9,000 net downloads to date.

I know the developer quite well ;-) , and he's very easy to reach and eager to please: email to ctodeveloper.arubanetworks@gmail.com or post here and he will pick up on it.   If you have any suggestions or bug reports, please send them in:  it doesn't take long to code up most of these ideas and turn around a special build:  in fact, that's one of the most rewarding things about app development, it can be very fast and responsive.

And I'm always looking for Beta testers:  get a Google+ id and join the community here  https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/100638199649434481720

This is what the Handover tab looks like in the latest Beta version with OUI interpretation:

2014-06-21-GalaxyS4_HandoverTab_OUIs3.png

As for Instant, it's something that I've overlooked so far:  I'll check into what's needed to make it work properly, but I think for now if you ignore the errors the Controller tab should be functional:  once it is logged in, it just executes what you write in the text box.

Best,

Peter T

Oh Cool! I'd love to beta test but the link 404ed :(

I think it would be awesome to have better ISP and RAP support with the app!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: