Aruba Apps

last person joined: 4 days ago 

The HPE Aruba Networking Apps board is designed to address questions, comments, and feature requests for all HPE Aruba Networking mobile Apps
Expand all | Collapse all

Dense area coverage utility

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Dense area coverage utility

Posted Dec 08, 2016 11:17 AM

Just curious if there is an Application that can assist in deployment of a highly dense area that calculates the fresnel zone for the area. I have about 40 APs to cover a highly dense area and using 30 degree antennas to isolate the coverage to an area. There of course will be channel design. Something like Visual RF? I am going to try to use the Aruba Outdoor RF Designer as an indoor application to see if this helps. And of course I can to standard calculations myself, but if there is a utility out there to make life easier I am all about that. I dont remember if the outdoor just includes the outdoor APs and MSRs or if it has the 204, 214 and 224 APs. I found a downtilt frensel calculator which helped with the calculations. Just looking for something like Visual RF or the Outdoor designer for indoor dense applications.

• 2.  RE: Dense area coverage utility

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 08, 2016 11:36 AM

Honestly, if you are indoors, you should not be using outdoor antennas.  I would hire a reputable consultant to help you with your design, because no document can account for all the possible variables in your deployment.  I would take a look at the High Density VRD here: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/High-Density-Wireless-Networks-for-Auditoriums/ta-p/155578  as a starting point.