Aruba Apps

Occasional Contributor II

ISAKMP stack could not be initialized

Hi,

We have a customer with a Aruba Wireless Controller 3400. They use the Aruba VIA client. After upgrading their laptops to Windows 10 a few of the users get the message "ISAKMP stack could not be initialized". The preshared key is set in the setup. The customer is reimaging the laptops to solve it, but this is just a workaround. Any idea how to solve this without a reimage?

Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: ISAKMP stack could not be initialized

Did they try uninstalling and then reinstalling the client?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

With reimaging the complete laptop is being reinstalled. So yes, the VIA client is reinstalled. This fixes the problem, but the client wants to know if this can be solved without reinstalling.

Guru Elite

To be clear:

Your customer upgrades the OS of a computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and the VIA client fails to work?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

They use SCCM to reimage the laptops. All content is deleted and reinstalled. Including the VIA Client. Exept some VIA clients give the message "ISAKMP stack could not be initialized".

Guru Elite

You mentioned reimaging with SCCM works but upgrading from 7 to 10 does not work.  Is that correct?

Upgrading OS works fine. Its just the VIA Client. After installing they try to connect with the VIA Client and then they get the error message "ISAKMP stack could not be initialized" inside the VIA Client

Guru Elite

It is entirely possible that the VIA client installs libraries on Windows 7 that do not work on Windows 10.

Most of the devices work fine on Windows 10. Just a few aren't working. But the customer wants a solution without reinstalling.

Guru Elite

Let me check with Engineering to see if this is possible.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: