Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

looking for a little help please. Just got some Aruba AP's in and we are setup to use AMP8.0 to configure them. Have some state side and shipped some to Spain, Bilboa. The AP's state side work fine but the AP's in Spain configure but the radios never come up. Shows 802.11bgn disabled and 802.11ac disabled. what could be wrong. if theres anything i need to show to try and troubleshoot, please let me know. New to Aruba so looking for some help.

Aruba Employee

Re: Aruba 205 Radio's Disabled

Hi,

As you are located in Spain, you must be using IAP-RW (Rest of the World).

This implies that you need to configure the regulatory domain on the IAP.

If not configuring the regulatory domain, radios will remain shutdown.

To achieve regulatory domain configuration via AirWave, you need to enable AirWave to configure the country code.

Let me know if this resolves your issue.

Paul Gallant, Eng.

made the change, waiting for the device to reboot.

made the change and they are still down. would a reset on the AP possibly fix the issue?

Aruba Employee

Hi,

You should not have to reboot the AP.

You have to set the contry code in the system settings.

Then you have to apply the change to send the country code instruction to the IAP configuration.

Best regards,

Paul Gallant, Eng.

made the changes you just posted. waiting for the system to verify. how long do it usually take to apply before the mismatch goes away?

thanks for the help. i had to remove the ap and force it to reactivate via the cloud. once i made the changes you recommended and forced the reactivate it all came up correctly. i really appreciate the help.

Paul can i ask another question. we have radius setup on our AMP. in our US group anytime a pc tries to authenticate to our network the radius server users the VC as the authentication IP. The RADIUS server has the VC IP address as a radius client. Well in our Spain group we have everything setup exactly the same. But when a pc tries to connect it fails. when we looked in the radius logs it shows that the AP tries to authenticate and not the VC. The VC IP address is setup as the radius client. Can you assist with this?

Aruba Employee

Hi,

Make sure you turned on the Dynamic RADIUS Proxy feature.

Paul Gallant, Eng.AirWave-IAP-Dynamic RADIUS Proxy.jpg

thanks for the replay. wont be able to check as solution until the Spain employees are back in office.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: