Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

Aruba Central using AWS?

Hi,

I have my IAP cluster on it's own management VLAN/IP subnet and in my edge firewall I allow the IAP's to communicate with 'device.arubanetworks.com' and 'images.arubanetwork.com' so that I can preform firmware upgrades.

I notice that my firewall is blocking an HTTPS connection from my master IAP to 54.215.195.103 (ec2-54-215-195-103.us-west-1.compute.amazonaws.com), it is dropping 2500+ packets/day, is this my master IAP trying to connect to Aruba Central hosted by AWS?

Thanks,

Scott83.

Guru Elite

Re: Aruba Central using AWS?

Yes, Aruba Central is hosted in AWS.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
New Contributor

Hi Tim,

How does this apply if we do not use the cloud for anything?...I am seeing ~2million attempts being blocked every 4 hours across all our environments, I am assuming the APs have a default config. to pull from AWS however we centrally manage all our APs.  I am mainly concerned about turning this "feature" off so I don't see millions of blocked attempts in our firewall logs as well as unnecessarily eating up bandwidth since we don't need that feature of pulling from AWS for firmware updates or for content monitoring.  Please let me know if this can be turned off?

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Aruba Central is also used for monitoring. RF data, client metrics, etc are all sent outbound to Central for display and reporting.

New Contributor

Thanks for the quick feedback! If we don't use the AWS integration specifically, can/where could I turn that off or remove the URLs calling AWS?

Thanks!
Guru Elite

The service Aruba Central is hosted in AWS. You're not directly
communicating with AWS.

New Contributor

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the info. I confirmed with our resident Aruba guru we do not leverage any cloud services like Central. Can I disable this cloud integration?

Thanks!
Aruba Employee

If I understand right, you are having AP in locally managed mode (can confirm using "show summary support"). In this case, IAP shouldn't be trying to reach Central. Is it possible to have show tech from your Master AP.

Thank you,

Regards,

Vijay Rajasimhan | Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
Aruba Employee

As a side note, AppRF uses AWS. Hence, you would see traffic in locally managed mode if AppRF is ON.

Thank you,

Regards,

Vijay Rajasimhan | Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: