Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor I

IAP-105's dropping randomly

Hi:

I have two seperate companies that we have installed the IAP-105's in.  Both are experiencing the same issues of random WiFI connectivity dropping out on any type of machines.

One company has two of these and the other has ten.  Also, both of these companies have two SSID's being hosted from these WAP's.  Both with one SSID hidden (the private network) and the other broadcasting (Guest/Public).

Both locations are running the latest firmware of 6.2.0.0-3.2.0.2_37229.

• Both SSID's we have the band setting set to "ALL"
  •  2.4 Ghz min = 1  max = 54
  •  5 Ghz min = 6  max = 54
  •  Both are running WPA2-Personal
  •  RF - Band Steering mode = 5ghz
  •  RF - Airtime Fairness mode = Fair access

Are there any other settings/config items I should provide for anyone to help us with this annoying problem?  We spent good money on these devices and the old Linksys G consumer WAP's were more reliable, broadcast range was greater and was faster.....and I can't believe this is the way it should be.

Thank you,

Stangride

Occasional Contributor I

Re: IAP-105's dropping randomly

At the company that has (10) IAP-105's, here is the "Sh AP Mgmt Frames" from one of the ten (See Attachment)

Guru Elite

Under both SSIDs under advanced, please enable broadcast filtering all and broadcast filter arp.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Occasional Contributor I

I made that change, they are still dropping in both locations.

When I go to the "Fault History", I see the AP's going "DOWN" on a regular basis.  When they go down, they seem to come right back up in less than 45 secs.

Both clients are getting really irritated with this and are wondering if ARUBA devices are even any good!

Is there anything else we can do to resolve the random dropping?

Occasional Contributor I

If an IAP-105 gets alot of traffic on it, will it cycle itself like the consumer models would or will it just slow down?

MVP

Try using another code in one of the places that has less amount of IAPs and see that helps
Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Occasional Contributor I

What do you mean by another "code"?
Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

Stangride wrote:

I made that change, they are still dropping in both locations.

When I go to the "Fault History", I see the AP's going "DOWN" on a regular basis.  When they go down, they seem to come right back up in less than 45 secs.

Both clients are getting really irritated with this and are wondering if ARUBA devices are even any good!

Is there anything else we can do to resolve the random dropping?

Pleaase open a support case in parallel and have engineering take a look at the logs to determine what is really happening.  We can try to guess what is happening here on the forum, but support can take a look at the access points, get logs from you, get a network diagram and see if it is either a bug or something in your infrastructure that is causing this.

There is a reason why everything happens.  A support case is the best way to definitively get to the bottom of it.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
MVP

You should probably open a TAC case like cjoseph so they determine the root cause.

I experienced similar issues with that particular code but on the IAP 135.

What I meant about the code , is that you can upgrade to another code by going to the support site and downloading the code and then uploading it to the IAP :

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOWNLOADSOFTWARE/tabid/75/DMXModule/510/Default.aspx?EntryId=10798

You can upload the code by going to Maintenance > Firmware 

Screen Shot 2013-04-30 at 10.56.41 PM.png

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
MVP

This is a screenshot from the support site :

Screen Shot 2013-04-30 at 11.01.30 PM.png

Thank you

Victor Fabian