01-21-2014 06:55 AM - edited 01-21-2014 11:32 AM
Hi all. I'm a new Aruba Partner and getting up to speed on wireless for my clients so thatnkls for your help and patience.
My needs and network setup are as follows:
- I've got a school environment with about 100 wired PCs and printers, 35 new Lenovo wireless laptops for faculty and students on a Gb wired network
- The Lenovo laptops are configured with a Broadcom WiFi card, B/G/N, 1x1 capable of a link speed of 72Mbs at 20Mhz
- The desire is to continue to use Roaming Profiles/Folder Redirection for these laptops.
- 20 of these are student laptops that will be used together as a group in classrooms, so will log into the Domain together at the beginning of a class.
- Usage will be educational resources; Google Apps for Edu, CNN Student News video, Youtube for education, etc
The APs I would intend to use are IAP-135s and the questions are:
- As I know that wireless is half duplex, and I know what my laptops are capable of connecting to the IAP-135s, how do I calculate or determine what the performance will be given a strong signal and low noise floor. (I hope my terminology is correct, but please correct me if it isn't)
- Is there a document or software at Aruba or elsewhere that helps in calculating these types of questions for surveying or troubleshooting.
Thanks very much for your input and assistance,
01-21-2014 08:59 AM
- rf health
- the amount clients
- the type of client (amount of streams is able to support)
See this thread:
A good tool to use to measure performance is iPerf or jPerf
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA