Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

Occasional Contributor II

MAC binding on IAP

Hi guys,

may I ask if IAP 205 supports MAC binding? where in you have to declare the MAC add of a device to allow access w/o username password? i think its different on MAC authentication. any suggestions? TIA

#AirheadsMobile
Guru Elite

Re: MAC binding on IAP

Have you seen this? http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-do-I-configure-Captive-Portal-with-MAC-authentication-on-an/ta-p/179188

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

hi, tnx for the response, however client plans to export their MAC list/database from Cisco controller to Aruba so they can access w/o CP and replace their existing cisco APs with aruba for smooth migration.

#AirheadsMobile
Guru Elite

How big is the mac database?  Managing mac address lists is typically a cumbersome process.  Have they though of just extending the timeout or going to a secure method that uses usernames and passwords where they don't have to maintain mac addresses?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

thanks for your response cjoseph.

at least 50 MAC addresses for demo purposes only as they want to test the capability of iap205 to handle user density with apprf and clientmatch. i will still offer 802.1x or clearpass for byod to them but for now i need to know if mac add binding is supported aside from mac auth.thanks
Guru Elite

What is mac address binding?

Colin Joseph

Hi cjoseph,

"MAC binding" was the term when  using MAC as authentication per devices on MSM Controller.

I already tested it on IAP under the term "MAC authentication" where you declare the MAC address of the device as the username and password.

in short, I already tested it successfully.

thank you very much :D

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: