Aruba Instant & Cloud Wi-Fi

New Contributor

Moving IAP's between different instant config networks?

I guys,

I want to move an IAP from an existing Instant Config network to a different network subnet, that has its own Instant Config DHCP scope option.

This is a new floor in our building, so AIRWAVE is not aware yet.

Is there any I should do a to a previously configured Instant config IAP before connecting it to the new network? Or will the new instant config over write the existing instant config on the IAP?

Thanks in advance,

Andrew

MVP

Re: Moving IAP's between different instant config networks?

simply disconnect it and connect it to the new network, since it is on a different subnet and vlan it will get the configuration of the other cluster
Pasquale Monardo | Senior Network Solutions Consultant
ACDX #420 | ACMP
[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos!]
New Contributor

I have been investigating this more, and it seems the IAP's configuration for their management vlan is retained even after a write erase and a factory reset.

I have three different managment networks operating on different VLANs.

I am going to put this to the test soon, by manaully changing the management vlan setting.

regards,

Andrew

Valued Contributor II

Hi,

You can simply move an IAP to a new cluster with or without factory reset. always better to reset before join it to a new cluster. as soon as newly joined IAP receives Master beacon, it will change it self as a slave and pull the configuration from the VC.

One thing you need to keep in your mind is, image update. if the new IAP and existing VC are of the same hardware ( Orion, Pegasus etc..) Image sync will happen automatically but if they are different Image should be updated either through Airwave or manually.

Hope you got your answer,

Please feel free for any further query on this.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]
New Contributor

Hi Andrew,

I have the same problem. Could you share what you ended up doing?

I have a set of about 50 IAPs that have been previously configured, that I need to wipe and reconfigure from scratch.

Instead of manually factory resetting each and every IAP (difficult as they are already mounted), I thought I would do one, configure it as a VC on a new vlan/subnet, and move each other IAP to the new vlan/subnet. Then all the IAPs will have new config. Would that work?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Guru Elite

Yes.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Hi Heisenberg,

Yes, it will work, If you are managing IAPs throwing Airwave then you could push the new configuration from Airwave itself.

If you are managing IAPs throwing template then you could edit that template or if you have any gobal working template just replace it , Airwave will push that configuration.

if you are managing throw Instant GUI mode, you could delete the exisiting config and push new one.

Regards,

Pavan

If my post address your query , give kudos :)

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: