01-15-2014 02:28 AM
This is the situation:
- I have 3 Aruba instant AP's, all connected to an POE switch (which is manageble for VLAN's)
- From the POE switch I have a cable (port 10) to my firewall (port 14)
- On my firewall on port 14 I have configured 3 VLAN's. Each VLAN created is for another SSID that I set up in my aruba, so
- SSID: Teachers (VLAN: 90), IP's: 10.0.90.x
Students (VLAN: 100, IP's: 10.0.100.x
When connecting to an WIFI (teachers of students), I do not get an IP from my DHCP-server.
When I connect an AP without the POE switch on my firewall, everything goes fine. The problem is the POE switch.What do I have tot configure in my POE switch, so everythig will work?
Solved! Go to Solution.
01-15-2014 05:27 AM
A few questions
- Did you create those VLANs on the switch?
- Is the link from the firewall to the switch a routed port or switchport?
- If it is a routed port, did you add subinterfaces for each VLAN?
- If it is a switch port, is it configured as a dot1q trunk will all VLANs tagged?
- Are the links to the IAPs configured as trunks?
- Does the switch support GVRP?
Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
01-15-2014 05:46 AM
Are you using the same VLAN/Segment when you connect the IAPs to the switch as when you connect the IAPs to the firewall ?
On your switch do you have ip helper address configured ?
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
01-15-2014 10:56 PM
I dit not made the VLAN's in the switch. Now I dit (I think), but it is still not working. (Without the switch, it works fine, but as soon I connect the AP's to the switch, it doesn't work. So it had to be witch the settings of the POE-switch) . I'm kind a noob in the POE-switch settings...