ASE Link: Go to the solution
AOS controller configuration to enable beacon management with Meridian cloud.
(Minimum/Maximum) Software Version(s) Required (optional)
AOS 6.4.3+ up to 6.5+ (not test with AOS 8.x)
- Controller must have IP Name servers for DNS resolution.
- Controller must have Internet access (HTTPS required to access Meridian).
- Controller must have an AP with USB beacon or integrated beacon.
- AP with beacon must be provisioned.
- AP have sufficient PoE to operate/enable BLE.
- AP Beacon must be provisioned/placed on Meridian map.
- Requires outbound 443 (tcp/443) for controller to communicate with Meridian.
- Be sure not to have IOS devices in vicinity with Beacons App running during validation. Beacons App will also forward BLE info to Meridian.
- Verify controller time is updated either via NTP or manual sync.
Configuration enables controller to communicate with Meridian to update beacons information for a given site. Meridian will also be able to manage both integrated, USB and integrated beacons within range of the management beacons.
Beacon updates are sent out every 5 minutes.
BLE Operating Mode:
- Beaconing: The BLE chip functions as an iBeacon combined with beacon management functionality.
- Disabled: The BLE chip is turned off.
- DynamicConsole: The BLE chip functions as an iBeacon combined with beacon management functionality. However, when the link to the controller is lost, the BLE chip temporarily enables access to the AP console over BLE.
- PersistentConsole: The BLE chip provides access to the AP console over BLE using a mobile application. This functionality is the superset of the Beaconing mode.
Management beacons can be one of the following:
- USB Beacon connected to AP-215 or AP-225.
- Integrated BLE beacon in AP-3xx series.
- Aruba Sensor (not covered with in this solution - see Meridian online help for details).
The following configuration parameters are required. Parameters are found in Meridian Editor: Edtion > Beacons > Configuration (Gear, upper right hand)
- BLE URL
- ACCESS TOKEN
Note: Copy both URL and Access Token, paste to a text editor and remove any leading white spaces.
7000/7200 Series Controllers.
2xx and 3xx series APs.
Subscription to Meridian cloud.
nt (Meridian account required)