01-08-2014 10:16 AM
site has 3 stacks of 2500's, 2 of the 3 stacks can be added to Orion but the one stack cant. All snmp configs are identical on the stacks. Orion balks with the following message:
"Node does not respond with the supplied read/write community string"
01-08-2014 10:55 AM
I don't have much expertise on orion, But below are my suggetions
(You might have already carried below steps, if not try these)
1. Check any connectivity issue: ping the 3rd stack to see if you have ICMP access
2. Someties copy and paste of text, could add a "mysterious" space in the string, so it is better to add the strings manually (snmp config)
3. Network could be running slowly, try increasing the SNMP Timeout.
4. re-run the configuration wizard
5. stop & re-start all services & see if problem goes away.
01-08-2014 11:02 AM - edited 01-08-2014 11:49 AM