Campus Switching and Routing

Frequent Contributor I

OS running on nowadays HPE/Aruba switches

Ever since the HPE/Aruba merge, it is confusing for me what is the underneath OS on each switch/router model. Is it provision or comware or arubaos?

Anyone has some reference regarding that? Especially if I am looking at HPE/Aruba switch, what is the easy way to find out the OS running on it?

Thanks,

/S

Guru Elite

Re: OS running on nowadays HPE/Aruba switches

Aruba switches run ArubaOS-Switch which is a newer version of ProVision with Aruba-centric features.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor I

Thanks, so does it mean all the switches listed on HPE website now are all running the new ArubaOS?

What about routers?
Guru Elite

Aruba switches run ArubaOS-Switch (examples: 2930, 5400, 3810)

HPE FlexFabric/FlexNetwork switches run Comware (5130, 5510)

Aruba switches: http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/switches/

Not sure about routers.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

The HPE FlexNetwork Routers (https://www.hpe.com/us/en/networking/routers.html) run Comware as well.

To complete the overview, the legacy Aruba Mobility Access Switches (MAS: S1500, S2500, S3500, end-of-sale), ran ArubaOS which was derived from the Aruba controllers.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Just to provide little more background. There are more or less two groups of products, FlexNetwork and Mobile First networking. FlexNetworking products are Comware based and have strong focus on legacy network infastructure. In the industry there is big trend towards mobile first / intelligent edge networking. This is where ArubaOS switches bring a lot of innovation and unique features to provide true mobile first infrastructure for wired and wireless. 

Frequent Contributor I

So can I say: new devices purchased today will either run provision based ArubaOS OR Comware OS depends on the product portfolio branch? All the previous provision and Aruba OS switches are EOL?
dvi
New Contributor

This is more or less correct execpt the EoL part. Not all let's pre merger switches are EoL. But lot of innovation and new products have come in portfolio since the merger. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: