Blogs

ServiceNow Trouble Ticketing

By ani posted Nov 07, 2014 01:36 AM

ServiceNow is a platform-as-a-service (PaaS) provider of IT service management (ITSM) software. This ClearPass integration allows helpdesk staff to be kept informed immediately of any network triggered policy breaches by dynamically creating problem tickets leveraging the ServiceNow JSON based API. The integration detailed below triggers a problem ticket with the details of a mobile device that has breached the IT Jailbreak policy and is currently attempting to connect to the network.

AH contributor: cam

Specifications

Administration -> External Servers -> Endpoint Context Servers

Select Server Type

Generic HTTP

Server Name

<Your integration name>

Server Base URL

https://{YOUR-COMPANY}.service-now.com

Username

<Your username>

Password

<Your password> 

Administration -> Dictionaries -> Context Server Actions

Action Tab

Server Type

Generic HTTP

Server Name

<Select your integration name>

Action Name

<Describe the action>

HTTP Method

URL

/problem.do?JSON&sysparm_action=insert

Header Tab

Header Name/Header Value

Content-Type=application/json

Content Tab

Content-Type

JSON

Content

{"short_description":"Compromised Device WiFi Connection Attempt","priority":"3","description":"The following compromised device has attempted to connect to the cp-secure WiFi network:
Mac Address: %{Connection:Client-Mac-Address}
Enrolled User: %{Authentication:Full-Username}
Device Serial: %{Endpoint:Serial Number}
Mobile: %{Endpoint:Model}
OS Version: %{Endpoint:OS Version}
Location: %{Radius:Aruba:Aruba-Location-Id}","u_category":"%{u_category}","u_subcategory":"%{u_subcategory}","assigned_to":"mobileadmin"}

Attributes Tab

Attribute Name/Attribute Value

Connection:Client-Mac-Address=unknown
Authentication:Full-Username=unknown
Endpoint:Serial Number=unknown
Endpoint:Model=unknown
Endpoint:OS Version= unknown
Radius:Aruba:Aruba-Location-Id=cp-secure WiFi
u_category=71feaf0f8c00d100a4e1ee6a09f9bc72
u_subcategory=02feaf0f8c00d100a4e1ee6a09f9bc29

Tips & Tricks

The u_category and u_subcategory identifiers map to either default or custom ServiceNow database values. The identifiers can be found from the ServiceNow console by browsing to the Category SLA menu bar and then selecting the Category SLA or Subcategory SLA menu option. Once you have located the category and subcategory desired for the new problem ticket that will be created dynamically via the API, right click on that entry and select the copy sys_id option. This identifier should then be inserted in the corresponding u_category or u_subcategory option shown in the Attributes definition above.
3 comments

Comments

Nov 01, 2019 04:29 PM

I would also like to see more details.  I am also very interested in using clearpass to update the inventory database of SNOW when a user connects -- has anyone done this yet?

Jun 13, 2018 02:31 PM

Are there any updates to this article? I agree with the above commentor that this information provided is not enough to complete the integration.

Aug 03, 2015 12:27 AM

This is a great "Start". But would be greater if I can actually learn how to integrate with my Policies!!