Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Central offline devices after creating DHCP-Server

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central offline devices after creating DHCP-Server

Posted Jun 28, 2018 02:49 PM

Hello,

today I have a question about offline IAP AccessPoints in Aruba Central. Yesterday I configured in the Central Webinterface a new local DHCP Server for the MGMT-Network.

After creating all APs are offline in Central but the function of Wireless Network is working well.

HTTPS://ARUBA-VC is not answering, SSH is OK

so first test was 

ping www.google.de
    no host www.google.de found

IP-Address same story

Routing-Table

AP-09# sh ip route
    Kernel IP routing table
    Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
    0.0.0.0         10.49.0.1       0.0.0.0         UG        0 0          0 br0
    10.49.0.0       0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0 br0
    10.49.3.0       0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U         0 0          0 br0
    172.31.98.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.254.0   U         0 0          0 br0

I don´t know what is wrong in my configuration, at last creating dhcp-server

so for testing, I want to delete the dhcp-server but I can only connect via ssh.

my question is how can I delete the dhcp-server for my mgmt-network?

I don´t understand why I cannot ping internet clients. on my switches on the same subnet is ping www.google.de oder IP-Address OK

Greetings from Germany

Wolfgang

• 2.  RE: Aruba Central offline devices after creating DHCP-Server

Posted Jun 28, 2018 03:10 PM

documentation on https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05320370 you can find

DHCP-Server

Local—In this mode, the Virtual Controller acts as both the DHCP Server and the default gateway. The
    configured subnet and the corresponding DHCP scope are independent of subnets configured in other IAP
    clusters. The Virtual Controller assigns an IP address from a local subnet and forwards traffic to both
    corporate and non-corporate destinations. The network address is translated appropriately and the
    packet is forwarded through the IPSec tunnel or through the uplink. This DHCP assignment mode is used
    for the NAT forwarding mode.

I don´t understand how can i delete the dhcp-server on cli

• 3.  RE: Aruba Central offline devices after creating DHCP-Server
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 10, 2018 12:17 AM

you can delete DHCP Scope with

no ip dhcp "profile name"

my mistake was that the profile name was not correct

the profile name is given with

show running-config

ip dhcp profile name
     server-type Local