Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Can an existing Central account become a Tenant account?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Can an existing Central account become a Tenant account?

Posted Jul 27, 2018 12:24 AM

If a customer has an existing Aruba Central account and I want to manage their network under my MSP account, how can I acheive that?

• 2.  RE: Can an existing Central account become a Tenant account?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 07, 2018 03:33 AM

I'm afraid that's not currently possible. What they can do, however, is add your email address as a user in their account. Once they've done that you'll see an additional customer ID in your login screen. Check mine:

LoginScreen.png

• 3.  RE: Can an existing Central account become a Tenant account?

Posted Aug 07, 2018 04:49 PM

Thanks for the info.

I have also been advised that TAC has the ability to move accounts in/out of tenant environment if required, but users cannot do this themselves.

• 4.  RE: Can an existing Central account become a Tenant account?

Posted Aug 10, 2018 12:02 AM

@sperez wrote:

What they can do, however, is add your email address as a user in their account. Once they've done that you'll see an additional customer ID in your login screen. 

Added my existing username as an admin under the customer account, but I don't get the login screen you showed. In fact I just got sent another "please register your account" email, which led me to the signup page and unsurprisingly to an error which stated "that username already exists".

Have I done something incorrectly?

Edit: My Zone is US-1 and the customer zone is US-2 despite everything being done from the same workstation. Could be a factor?

Edit2: I've disabled MSP mode on my account, still seeing the same behaviour

• 5.  RE: Can an existing Central account become a Tenant account?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 12, 2018 04:39 PM

Each central cluster currently uses a different URL. Therefore, if your customer is in US-2 you should use the following URL to access their account:

https://portal-prod2.central.arubanetworks.com/

• 6.  RE: Can an existing Central account become a Tenant account?

Posted Aug 12, 2018 04:52 PM

That works, thanks!