Cloud Managed Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss all things related to HPE Aruba Networking Central and UXI Network Management, including deployment of managed networks, configuration, best practices, APIs, Cloud Guest, AIOps, Presence Analytics, and other included Applications
Expand all | Collapse all

Delete accesspoint from Central

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  Delete accesspoint from Central

Posted Jul 11, 2017 05:40 PM

So I got an Apin 0205 accesspoint from a sale which is assigned to unknown previous owners central. I can't use it as if I reset the config it always downloads someones config from the central. 

Is it possible to somehow delete it from the central without login. Or is it trash now?

• 2.  RE: Delete accesspoint from Central

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 12, 2017 03:04 AM

If you speak to Aruba TAC they will be able to confirm the  ownership and remove form the previous customers Central account if required.

• 3.  RE: Delete accesspoint from Central

Posted Jul 12, 2017 12:10 PM

When I moved 2 AP's from my test-tentant to production I had to open a case with TAC. It almost seemed impossible to them to remove an AP from a tenant. After ONE MONTH of ongoing case with emails and phone calls back and forth they finally got the AP's deleted so I could add them to another tenant...

This really should be possible to do by ourselves.

• 4.  RE: Delete accesspoint from Central

Posted Oct 30, 2017 03:52 PM

Hi kro2,

the AP will be removed if it appear down in the aruba central control panel.

Select the AP and click action menu in the right top screen, then click delete ap.

• 5.  RE: Delete accesspoint from Central

Posted Oct 30, 2017 10:56 PM

Removing by your method will only remove APs monitoring stats from Central.

What the customer is asking is yanking IAP from someone's Central account, as he has bought it from him.

This would need proving to Aruba that customer ownership of device has changed. And that would need TAC intervention.

OR you can go the seller, and ask him to "unlicense" the AP from his Aruba Central account, and then the AP will no longer pull config down from Central.

Another workaround, is to block communication to "device.arubanetworks.com", which is responsible for directing AP to Central, so it picks its configuration from there.

• 6.  RE: Delete accesspoint from Central

Posted Feb 23, 2018 02:58 AM
      |   view attached

@mannvishalwrote:

Removing by your method will only remove APs monitoring stats from Central.

What the customer is asking is yanking IAP from someone's Central account, as he has bought it from him.

This would need proving to Aruba that customer ownership of device has changed. And that would need TAC intervention.

OR you can go the seller, and ask him to "unlicense" the AP from his Aruba Central account, and then the AP will no longer pull config down from Central.

Another workaround, is to block communication to "device.arubanetworks.com", which is responsible for directing AP to Central, so it picks its configuration from there.

is there any way to hard reset the IP manually? i've encountered same issue, the IAP was managed by Central previously and right now I need the IAP for customer demo.

when the IAP connected to DHCP port, it automatically goes into Arube Central management even i did factory reset. 

• 7.  RE: Delete accesspoint from Central

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 23, 2018 03:58 PM

You need to remove the license from Central.

• 8.  RE: Delete accesspoint from Central

Posted Feb 23, 2018 09:57 PM

@sperezwrote:

You need to remove the license from Central.

thanks sperez.