Community Feedback

New Contributor

Mobility Controller for a AP-225 & AP Licencing

Hi,

I'm new to Aruba and as I understand it the AP-225 is a controller based AP and as such can't run in standalone mode as and Instant AP and can't be converted to an IAP-225 via a firmware change.  I just wanted to verify the 7010-RW Mobility Controller is suitable to control a AP-225 and if the correct licence for a single AP-225 is the product code: JW472AAE before I purchase these items.  Also is there anything else required to make this AP functional? This AP would be running on a home network and Authentication would be via WPA2 with a username & password. 

Thanks for your time.

New Contributor

Re: Mobility Controller for a AP-225 & AP Licencing

Can anybody also tell me if the 7010-RW Mobility Controller comes with a permanent Base OS Licence or if that has to be purchased seperately.

I assume the Base OS Licence is required in order for the Controller to function & to load AP Licences onto it, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Guru Elite

uptime wrote:

Hi,

I'm new to Aruba and as I understand it the AP-225 is a controller based AP and as such can't run in standalone mode as and Instant AP and can't be converted to an IAP-225 via a firmware change.  I just wanted to verify the 7010-RW Mobility Controller is suitable to control a AP-225 and if the correct licence for a single AP-225 is the product code: JW472AAE before I purchase these items.  Also is there anything else required to make this AP functional? This AP would be running on a home network and Authentication would be via WPA2 with a username & password. 

Thanks for your time.

Only access point licenses would be required for the number of access points you would be running with that controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

uptime wrote:

Can anybody also tell me if the 7010-RW Mobility Controller comes with a permanent Base OS Licence or if that has to be purchased seperately.

I assume the Base OS Licence is required in order for the Controller to function & to load AP Licences onto it, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

It does not come with or require a Base OS license.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: