AAC vs UAC
What are the responsibilities of AAC & UAC within a cluster?
- AP Anchor Controller, a role given to a controller from individual AP perspective.
- AAC handles all the management functions for a given AP and its radios. The AP is assigned to a given AAC through the existing mechanism of LMS-IP/Backup-LMS-IP configuration configured in the AP-System profile.
- User Anchor Controller, a role given to a controller from individual User perspective.
- UAC handles all the wireless client traffic, including association/disassociation notification, authentication, and all the unicast traffic between controller and the client.
- The purpose of UAC is to fix the controller so that when wireless client roams between APs, the controller remains the same within the cluster.
- UAC assignment spreads the load of users among available controllers in the cluster