Product and Software: This article applies to all Aruba controllers and ArubaOS 3.x and later.
The ArubaOS 5.0 software upgrade process seamlessly updates the 3.x licenses to the 5.x model on the controller.
The controller will maintain two license tables:
- 3.x license table: valid only for 3.x software
- 5.x license table: valid only for 5.x software
Before you upgrade, install and activate all licenses on the controller.
1) Export 3.x licenses for backup.
2) Upgrade and then verify licenses.
3) Export 5.x licenses for backup.
When you upgrade to ArubaOS 5.x, temporary evaluation licenses are removed automatically. Either convert temporary licenses to permanent 3.x licenses or plan to generate temporary licenses again after you upgrade to 5.x.
If you have any problems with licenses after you upgrade to Aruba OS 5.0.x, contact Aruba TAC at 1-800-WiFiLan.