Controller Based WLANs

View Only
last person joined: one year ago 

APs, Controllers, VIA

How do I verify that the ArubaOS that I downloaded from the support website is “good” to install? 

Jul 07, 2014 01:10 PM

Question:  How do I verify that the ArubaOS that I downloaded from the support website is “good” to install?

Product and Software: This article applies to all ArubaOS versions.

We all download upgrades and software patches occasionally. Sometimes the patch or upgrade is corrupted during the download.
When you try to upload an upgrade or patch to your Aruba controller, the controller checks the file. If the file is corrupt, the controller reports that the integrity check on the file has failed.

If you check the files before you upload, you can avoid the hassle of an upload failing over that WAN link or installing after downloading an AirWave 350 MB patch.
To check the files before you upload, use the md5 sum checksum. Every release of ArubaOS 5.0 has an md5 sum that is calculated and displayed on the website. In ArubaOS, it is in a file called "md5sum.txt" that is in the folder of the files you download.

You can run an md5 sum against your downloaded file on your local computer and compare it against the md5sum on the website to ensure you will not be stranded with a bad copy of code.
For MAC OSX and Linux, run an md5 check by typing "md5 <filename>" in the terminal for the file you downloaded.

For Windows, search for "Microsoft Windows md5 checksum" and choose one of the many utilities that you can download.

Statistics
0 Favorited
0 Files
0 Shares
0 Downloads

Related Entries and Links

No Related Resource entered.