Environment- The following information was tested on 126.96.36.199 AOS version.
Answer- What are the different roles we can assign to a management user on the controller ?
(Aruba) (config) #mgmt-user admin1 ?
<rolename> Role name from one of the following:
root - super user role
guest-provisioning - guest provisioning role
network-operations - Network operator role
read-only - Read only role
location-api-mgmt - Location API Management Role
* root: Permits access to all management functions on the controller.
* guest-provisioning: Allows the user to create guest accounts on a special WebUI page.
* location-api-mgmt: Permits access to location API information. You can log into the CLI; however, you cannot use any CLI commands.
* network-operations: Permits access to Monitoring, Reports, and Events pages in the WebUI. You can log into the CLI; however, you can only use a subset of CLI commands to monitor the controller.
* read-only: Permits access to CLI show commands or WebUI monitoring pages only.
We can create a management user on of the above five roles.
Once you have logged in as a management user we can check the role by the command "whoami", which gives the user's assigned role.
user admin - role root
user Test7 - role root
user Test - role read-only
Also we can check all the available management users by the below command:
(Aruba) #show mgmt-user
Management User Table
USER PASSWD ROLE STATUS
---- ------ ---- ------
Test ***** read-only ACTIVE
Test1 ***** guest-provisioning ACTIVE
Test2 ***** root ACTIVE
Test3 ***** root ACTIVE
Test4 ***** root ACTIVE
Test5 ***** root ACTIVE
Test6 ***** root ACTIVE
Test7 ***** root ACTIVE
Test8 ***** root ACTIVE
admin ***** root ACTIVE