What are the most common reasons for an RN-AP to not come up on an Aruba controller?
Product and Software: This article applies to all Aruba controllers and Remote-Networking OS versions.
An RN-AP does not come up on an Aruba controller for these common reasons:
- The controller IP address is incorrectly provisioned on the AP.
- The certificate is corrupted on AP or the TPM module is not present on the controller. Only the 3000, 5000, and 6000 series controllers support TPM modules for certificate-based IPsec authentication. For others, only PSK-based IPsec authentication is possible.
- LMS or Backup-LMS IP is not configured properly.
- No route exists between the controller and the AP.
- For PSK-based authentication, the PSK, username, or password has been configured incorrectly.
- The MAC address not present in the whitelist.
- The provisioning profile is incorrectly configured for APs.