We will delete an IAP from Central in case:
1. IAP got replaced due to hardware defect.
2. We do not want to manage it from Central .
We can delete the details of an IAP which is down from the Monitoring page on Aruba Central.
1. As shown in the screenshot, I have a device showing as down on Aruba Central.
2. We need to click on the Down option listed in above screenshot. Once done, it will show us the details of the IAP which is down.
3. We need to click on the name of the IAP. Once done, we need to click on the Actions option on the RHS corner on the new page.
4. After clicking on Actions, select the option Delete AP from the dropdown.
As we can see in the screenshot, the device which was down is no longer showing up on Aruba Central.