Introduction- Today, networks are being managed remotely on cloud and thereby notifications play an important role to let the administrator know if any device goes down. Most of these notifications are automatic and they happen without the intervention of the user.
Aruba Central also supports the email notifications when a virtual controller in a group goes down.
- Ability to send email notifications
- Notifications for different types of events
Environment- This article applies to Instant Access Points that are being managed by Aruba Central.
Network Topology- IAPs connected within a same broadcast domain and forming a cluster.
Configuration Steps- Once logged into Aruba Central, take below steps to configure email notifications:
1. Click on the "Notification" bell sybmol in the top-right of the page.
2. List of notifications appear and at the very bottom of the list, click on "settings" icon. As shown below:
3. This brings up the notification settings. The check box allows one to enter the email address for the notifications:
Verification- These notification settings are specific to Aruba Central and they will not get pushed/append to actual configuration of IAPs.
Internal Note- Unable to Assign Product categories