can we disable radio on each AP without rebooting?
Yes; we can disable radio on each AP without rebooting from IAP 4.2 code.
- Before 4.2, we can not disable per-ap radio.
- In 4.2, we can disable the AP's radio, without rebooting or deleting the ssid, which is a per AP setting.
- While disabling a/g radio's, on a per ap basis, the ssid being broadcasted by this radio of the ap will discontinue broadcasting.
- no dot11a-radio-disable
- no dot11g-radio-disable
From WEBUI ; this is not supported.
- When radio a/g is disabled, all bssid on this radio will be disabled.
- When radio a/g is enabled, all bssid on this radio will be alive again.
- Air Monitor/Spectrum Monitor won’t work, if radio is disabled.
- Mesh will work, even though 5G radio is disabled(extended-ssid should be disabled firstly).