Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

A little question about IAP

HI dear. 

Can I meet this demand  in  aruba  Iap-93 :

I want  three  ssid  in my IAP  :   "guest",  "boss"  and  " employe"

each ssid  is belong to a   independent vlan  ,  and the wireless client 's  gateway is in the L3-poe-SWITCH  which directly connected to the  IAP.

For example: " guest " 's  gateway is  interface vlan 10 in L3-SWITCH  ,    " boss " 's gateway is interface vlan 20 in L3-SWITCH

can i finish this in  IAP?  or do I need  to make a  trunk interface in iap?

if  it is nonsupport,   does it means  I can make 3 vlans in IAP, and  set up NAT and Routing  to forwarding  the wireless client's  packets?

thank you very much

Aruba Employee

Re: A little question about IAP

Yes, you can do this. 

When you define the vlan for each of the SSID, you are also defined .1Q vlans.  In your example, there will be a .1Q trunk from IAP to switch.  

You can also choose to use Virtual-Controller defined in which case the traffic will get Natted.

-michael

Dear Michael

Does it means that ,  If  I want to make the IAP   as  "Trunk Mode",  I  don't need to choose the  VC?   If  I want to make the IAP  as " NAT MODE" ,  I must to need a VC?

BTW ,  is   the VC  choosed  automatically   without my setting ?

No trunking configuration in IAP. It is enabled when you create the SSID with specific VLAN. VC election is automatic, thus it is important to configured the virtual controller IP so that you can always manage the IAP using this IP address.

Aruba Employee

Also, if you do not know your VC IP address you can always manage the VC by using the instant.arubanetworks.com URL while associated to your IAP network.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: