Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP 105 and LDAP integration

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AP 105 and LDAP integration

Posted Sep 25, 2013 06:10 PM

I'm working with a customer evaluating some IAP-105's and they are wanting to test authentication using their Active Directory. They do not wish to install a Radius server at this time.  I do see where I can create a LDAP server under Security, but I seem to not get authenticated.  I have verified that I can connect with my supplied credentials regarding my server setup, but it appears that possibly the user credentials are getting rejected.  I have seen a few older articles pertaining to LDAP issues and wanted to know if anyone has this working or if there exists any good documentation/troubleshooting pertaining to this type of configuration.  I know Radius is the way to go, but I do not have this option at this time.

• 2.  RE: AP 105 and LDAP integration

Posted Sep 25, 2013 06:45 PM

If you want to use LDAP for 802.1X for authentication, make sure you enable termination on the WLAN setup on the IAP.

• 3.  RE: AP 105 and LDAP integration

Posted Oct 14, 2013 07:17 AM

HI,

I have a problem with that too. LDAP authentication is working fine with mobile devices (Android, iOS), but is not working with laptops (Windows 7, Windows 8). I checked windows 7 and windows 8 configuration, and they work fine when i use LDAP authentication using Aruba Controller (against the same LDAP server). Problem is just with Aruba Instant AP.

If you want to use LDAP for 802.1X for authentication, make sure you enable termination on the WLAN setup on the IAP.

You can't select LDAP server if you don't enable termination

Regards