Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AP-225's occasionally rebooting

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AP-225's occasionally rebooting

Posted Jan 27, 2015 10:22 AM
      |   view attached

Hi All,

We have implemented RADUIS Authentication and created an SSID called KI-Staff, occasionally clients get disconnected and it seems the acces point reboots, the uptime varies from 2 hours to 23 hours, it is not very long.

There has been one AP reboot here today which was Acess point 06 in our cluster of 6 about four hours ago. 

I am not sure what could be causing Access points to reboot, i have also changed the inactivy timeout to 1 hour which was set to 1000 seconds. I have attached some logs.

It would also be good to know why some APs are rebooting.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nisha

#AP225

Attachment(s)

txt
    ap uptime.txt   16 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: AP-225's occasionally rebooting

Posted Jan 28, 2015 01:01 AM

please confirm that 225 is IAP or you are using it as AP

• 3.  RE: AP-225's occasionally rebooting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2015 03:30 AM

@nishabharadia wrote:

Hi All,

We have implemented RADUIS Authentication and created an SSID called KI-Staff, occasionally clients get disconnected and it seems the acces point reboots, the uptime varies from 2 hours to 23 hours, it is not very long.

There has been one AP reboot here today which was Acess point 06 in our cluster of 6 about four hours ago. 

I am not sure what could be causing Access points to reboot, i have also changed the inactivy timeout to 1 hour which was set to 1000 seconds. I have attached some logs.

It would also be good to know why some APs are rebooting.

Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Nisha

What are you using to power these access points?  If there is no reboot message, that normally means that the power was cut for some reason.  If there was another reason for the reboot, like a crash or the administrator rebooted it, there would be a message why.

• 4.  RE: AP-225's occasionally rebooting

Posted Jan 28, 2015 03:36 AM

in 2nd case its showing

AP uptime is 2 days 15 hours 41 minutes 26 seconds
    Reboot Time and Cause: AP rebooted Sat Jan 24 23:33:26 UTC 2015; master transitioned to local (new master 10.144.22.16, uplink flaps 0, max beacon miss 8)

so you can run  #show ap debug ?    and   #show ap debug crash-info ip-addr