Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

AP207 Updates

Hi. I'm new at the community and I would need some help.

In my company we have almost 40 AP207 access points for wi-fi function. I would like to update the firmware for all the access points and as you can see on the attached image I can do it with the auto function of Instant.

The question is what is this upgrade doing? Is it upgrading InstantOS on every access point? Is it upgrading Instant?

Thanks.

Re: AP207 Updates

The upgrade will be downloaded to the master AP automatically then distributed and upgrade the remaining AP's in turn automatically. 

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Occasional Contributor I

Thank you for your answer.

This upgrade is for InstantOS?

Can I select only some of the Access Points to test the upgrade.

Because if anything go wrong I will have to reset 40 APs!

Yes, it will upgrade the InstantOS firmware running on the IAP's. In order to segregate a single IAP to test with, you will need to convert it to a standalone IAP.

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_40_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/IAP_management/ConvertingIAPtoStandalone.htm

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
Occasional Contributor I

Is there any possibility to have a crashed update?

Does it happen often?

Highlighted

A crashed update as in a failed update? I've never had any issues during my experience of updating IAP's, they are generally pretty solid :D

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
Occasional Contributor I

So I managed to set an AP as standalone, updated the firmware and now I want to turn it back to the previous Virtual controller.

Which option should I choose?(see the attachment)

Easiest way would be to reset it and let it join the existing cluster. It will automatically downgrade its firmware and configuration and join the cluster.

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: