Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget

Access Rule for individual cluster "stuck"

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Access Rule for individual cluster "stuck"

Posted Jun 30, 2017 11:11 AM

Good day fellow Airheads...long time listener, first time caller. I've been searching for a couple days but can't find an answer to my problem, so I'm hoping someone smarter than me can help, pretty please!

I work for a school board, and we are using Instant Config to manage 8 clusters (so far...will be 30 clusters by the end of the summer). Mostly IAP315's, with the odd 325 thrown in the mix. Instant version 4.3.1, Airwave version 8.2.3.1

We only use one Role across all the clusters. During client troubleshooting last week, I added a new Access Rule to that role, but only within a single cluster...not across all the clusters. In the end, it didn't work, so now I want to remove that specific rule...but the popup tells me I "cannot delete  group configuration in cluster". Okay...but it doesn't exist anywhere else to delete it, so now it appears to be stuck there. And, I believe that is why that particular cluster shows 'Mismatched', and I cannot make that go away.

The document I read says to make mismatches go away when Instant Config is enabled, I just navigate to AirWave>Mismatches, look at the details and then choose 'Apply All'...and they'll go away. But that doesn't fix it, the cluster spins and updates but always comes back as mismatched.

Anyone seen this behaviour before? I even resorted to restarting the AMP service yesterday, but no dice. Thanks in advance if anyone can help!