Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

Adding IAP-204 to IAP-104 network

Wanting to add to my IAP-104 cluster, I discovered that the IAP-104s are no longer available. So my vendor sent me IAP-204s. I unpacked the first device and connected it to my network, but my virtual controller can't see it. I talked to my vendor, who said I'd need to upgrade the firmware on my IAP-104s. But when I click on the "check for new version" botton, a message comes back saying there is no new version. But my version is 6.1.3.1-3.0.0.1_33617, and the vendor said I needed at least 4.1.1.0. Is updated firmware available for my devices? If so, how do I get it? If not, is there any way to get the IAP-204 devices talking to my IAP-104 cluster, or am I out of luck?

Guru Elite

Re: Adding IAP-204 to IAP-104 network

What version is your cluster running on right now?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

6.1.3.1-3.0.0.1_33617

Guru Elite

Any change of upgrading that cluster?  the 204 does not have code that far back and will not join the cluster if it does not match code.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

That's frustrating, as I bought the last of the 104s only about a year ago and they were still being sold retail at that time.
Guru Elite

Are you saying that upgrading code to support new hardware is frustrating?  The AP simply didn't exist when your older code came out, so there is no build for it...

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

No, I'm saying that I was sold devices and assured that they'd work with my current network, when that isn't the case. And that's what's frustrating. Also that my devices aren't that old - only a year - and they're already obsolete.
Guru Elite

They will work with your current network if you upgrade the code to support the newer devices.  Your devices are not obsolete--they are still supported, but not being sold anymore.  There is a difference.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

Which comes back to my original question about where to locate the software to upgrade the IAP-104s.

Guru Elite

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: