Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

Adding SSL Cert causes me to lose access to the admin page

I know the default cert no longer works with the arubas and I needed to get my own.  I created one with go daddy and followed the steps to create the file with openssl.

I followed the process to import this cert and it accepts it.  However, within seconds I am kicked out of the admin page and can no longer access it.  After digging around I was able to use command line to delete the cert and get the admin page back.  Has anyone seen this before?  Also, I am not sure if the cert even works with guests as I deleted it right away due to it killing the admin page.  Maybe I am missing something simple.  After posting this I will load it again and test if guest wifi works with the cert now that I know how to remove it to get back to the admin page.

MVP

Re: Adding SSL Cert causes me to lose access to the admin page

Did you get any errors when browsing to the admin pages?
Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------
-------------------------------------------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Occasional Contributor I

[ Edited ]

Hello, here is the update from testing the guest splash page.

I enable the splash page as Internal -Acknowledged.

I then uploaded the certificate I bought.  it is something like securelogin.wrightrconsulting.com

Then after it accepts it, I lose access to the admin page and cannot log in.

So I went ahead and tested the wifi guest network.  It connects but when I try to browse it gives an error once about not being able to connect to securelogin.arubanetworks.com  then after that it just said it could not establish a secure connection to the server. 

All I have done is upload the new certificate.  Do I need to remove any others?  Or could it be with the name I used?  This is for a restaurant and I just used my own domain on go daddy to buy an ssl cert.  They are using gmail so I figured easier to just use mine for now.  Again, didnt think that would matter.  I followed the procedure to create the perm file by using a txt editor and combining the parts.  It accepts it with no errors.

After removing the cert I added, when I do a show cert all I see default server, cp, and device certificates as aruba.

Occasional Contributor I

Just checking if anyone has anything on this?

Guru Elite

Can you explain in detail how you created the CSR, submitted it to the CSA and combined your certificate?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

They do not have a server to generate the request so I used an online site to create one.  Dont recall which one but I think it was from something I found on the aruba help sites.  I then put that into the Go Daddy site to create the cert.  After downloading the ssl cert, I then I had to create a txt document and open the certs and paste in the parts in order and the key.  Then save as .perm.

I then upload to aruba.  No errors with upload.

However, it kills my admin access and also does not allow access through the guest network.

I would be ok with doing all of this over if there is a recommended CSR request site?  and does it matter what the cert says?  I was just using securelogin.mycompany.com 

Guru Elite

Did the online site generate a private key or not?

Try putting the certificates into a file like the post here and upload:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-Create-a-Certificate-for-Instant-Captive-Portal-using/ta-p/277025  

Start with the section "Using a text editor, Copy and paste the contents of the  three files in this order into a blank text editor page"

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Now that I am seeing this, this is the document I followed to generate the CSR and request the cert from Go Daddy.  Then I used the editor to put it all together to create the perm.  I did create a key and I do type it in when uploading the cert into the aruba certificate settings as a cp.

Maybe I should start again and see if I did something wrong.  It doesnt seem like it.

Do any of the aruba default certs need removed when I upload mine to the arubas?

Does my cert name matter? 

Guru Elite

The name does not matter and the default certificate does not need to be removed.  What version of InstantOS are you using?

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: