Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

AppRF with Instant

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  AppRF with Instant

Posted Jul 18, 2014 10:00 AM

I am currently running the latest OS on my IAP cluster and see that AppRF is a feature now on the VC.  The question I have is how do I enable it so I can see what's being used?

• 2.  RE: AppRF with Instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2014 10:02 AM
    Enable it under System.

• 3.  RE: AppRF with Instant
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 18, 2014 10:10 AM

Enabling AppRF is done in two places.

Enable "AppRF Visibility" under system.  As the name implies this enables the Application charts in the UI.

Next, go under Security -> Roles.  This is where you create your Firewall rules to allow / deny applications.

There are two different methods of App filtering: Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) for Applications and Web-Content Filtering.  Web-content filtering is supported on all IAPs except the IAP-9x.  DPI is supported on all newer IAPs but is not supported on IAP-104/105, 134/135, RAP-3, and IAP-9x.  You will still be able to configure application rules that use the DPI engine but those APs that do not support it will ignore those rules.    The charts will look a little different as well -- you will only see the web-category charts.

• 4.  RE: AppRF with Instant

Posted Jul 18, 2014 10:13 AM

Perfect, thanks Marcus.

• 5.  RE: AppRF with Instant

Posted Jul 18, 2014 10:31 AM

I have enabled it and will see what pulls over to my Airwave server.

• 6.  RE: AppRF with Instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2014 10:37 AM

Instant AppRF is not currently supported in AirWave.

• 7.  RE: AppRF with Instant

Posted Jul 18, 2014 10:38 AM

Will it be anytime soon?

• 8.  RE: AppRF with Instant
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 18, 2014 10:39 AM

..................but it is coming very soon!  It will likely be available with IAP 4.1.0.2 and AW 8.0.2.  I don't have an exact ETA but that should be 3 - 6 weeks out as my best guess.

• 9.  RE: AppRF with Instant

Posted Jul 20, 2014 02:58 PM

I've enabled under 'System' but cannot see the AppRF dashboard, please advise where to look.

• 10.  RE: AppRF with Instant

Posted Jul 20, 2014 03:06 PM
      |   view attached

Click on one of your APs in the IAP WebUI. Next, look in the middle of the WebUI and you should see a new link for "AppRF".  Click on that and it will bring up the AppRF dashboard.

• 11.  RE: AppRF with Instant

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 20, 2014 03:07 PM

Click on an AP, then you should see it on the right next to Monitoring and Client Match.

apprf-instant-location.png

• 12.  RE: AppRF with Instant

Posted Mar 12, 2015 11:07 AM

Hi Guy's and Gal's,,

• Aruba Instant 6.3.1.4-4.0.0.5 running on IAP 225's.
    • Managed in a Group within AirWave 8.0.6.1

Issue:

Cannot get AppRF info within AirWave on this IAP Cluster of 225's.

(as a side note: I have another Group of AP's registered to a controller managed by this same AirWave and AppRF is working. I see AppRF under the Home Page.)

I read this post and it looks like I don't have it enabled under - Group - Instant Config, but Its not available. If I go to the Instant GUI of the Controller, AppRF is not listed as an option. Plus, I cannot change anything due to AirWave Management. 

I've read that this should be supported in this AP Model but missing something.

Any clues would be most helpful..

Thanks