Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba AP-344 - Clarification on how many antennas are required

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Aruba AP-344 - Clarification on how many antennas are required

Posted Aug 10, 2018 06:29 AM

Perhaps is its just a personal language gap, but currently i'm not sure i understand how many antennas required for an AP-344 running in an Instant cluster. The current installation guide states:

Antenna Connectors The AP-344 access point supports up to 8 external antennas, which can be attached to the RP-SMA connectors located on the front of the access point. See Figure 3. The primary antenna ports, labeled A0-A3, correspond with the radio chains 0, 1, 2, and 3. This set of antennas can be used in dual-radio mode (dual band, diplexed), for either upper or lower 5GHz channels in dual-5GHz mode. The secondary antenna ports, labeled B0-B3, correspond with radio chains 0, 1, 2, and 3. This set if antennas can be used for either upper or lower 5GHz channels in dual-5GHz mode, but are unable to operate in dual-radio mode. These connectors are located beneath a removable plate on the front cover of the device. 

If running them on two 5 GHz channels, i would require eight antennas? Running them on one 2.4 Ghz and the other on it's 5 GHz radio, i would just need to install the four antennas A0-A3. Is this correct?

Thanks for clarification.

• 2.  RE: Aruba AP-344 - Clarification on how many antennas are required
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 10, 2018 11:54 AM

Correct. When the AP-344 is operated in dual-band mode, the 2.4GHz and 5GHz signals are diplexed on the A0-A3 antenna interfaces (dual-band).

When the AP is in dual-5GHz mode, one 5GHz radio (upper half of the band) uses A0-A3, the other (lower half) uses B0-B3.