Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget

Aruba Central Analytic

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Aruba Central Analytic

Posted Jul 07, 2017 12:51 PM

Hello Guys

We have got a client which want to know how many users pass by their small shop in mall.

I though we could use the aruba central analytic, as far i read on the manual

Based on the proximity of the client device to a specific site, the Wi-Fi signal strength, and the time spent at the sites, the clients are classified as follows:
    Passerby—An associated or unassociated client who is in vicinity of a specific site and has an RSSI value greater than or equal to -90 dBm.
    Visitors—The passerby clients who spend more than 5 minutes at the site and have an RSSI value greater than -65 dBm. You can customize parameters for dwell time and RSSI values on the Presence Analytics > Settings page

i seei can modify the visitor parameter buti cannot modify the passerby paremether to put some other different value than -90dbm

Im interested in changing that -90dbm value because the shop is really really small.   It just 40mts2

if im out of the shop im really sure that it wont be -90dbm, it would be somehting like -53 dbm something like that so it wont work for me.

Is there is somethign i could do with this??? or im mis understanding on how it works????

Cheers

Carlos