Controllerless Networks

Aruba Central - convert the IAP to controller based

What happens if customer has purchased an Aruba Central subscription for their IAP cluster and then they convert them to controller based APs.

They are looking to put in a 7005 controller for a bit extra functionality.  Can these controllers be added to Central?  For that matter, why are they called 'cloud controllers'?

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACCX #817, ACMP, ACMX #294
Guru Elite

Re: Aruba Central - convert the IAP to controller based

Not currently

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

"What happens if customer has purchased an Aruba Central subscription for their IAP cluster and then they convert them to controller based APs."

If an IAP Cluster has been converted to controller-based you can remove them from Central management thus freeing up their Central subscription licenses for use by other IAPs.

I guess what I'm asking is can the subscription be cancelled, and would there be credit due back?

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACCX #817, ACMP, ACMX #294

Unfortunately, no.
Super Contributor I

I had the same issue, no cancellation allowed but local sales can give some discount on the controller etc. Work it out with the sales.

Normal Guy
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: