Controllerless Networks

Aruba Employee

Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

Hi Guys. This is my first time ever using Aruba. Please guide me what am i doing wrong.

I have powered on Aruba IAP-205H using HP 5130 PoE enabled. Currently the status LED is Fixed Amber. I can connect to instant SSID but thats it. I cant access the gui. It gives me certificate error, which i ignore but after that, it simply timesout trying to access the web gui. PLease note that, since IAP is not currently connected to internet, i changed my host file to use 172.31.98.1 for instant.arubanetworks.com. This way, i am able to get to certificate error page but after that, it simply timesout.

Please guide me

Aruba Employee

Re: Aruba IAP-205H- Cant access GUI

Some one please guide me. I tried factory resetting it,

even now, the status led is fixed amber and i am not seeing any instant ssid now :(

Guru Elite

Are you supplying the IAP-205 with DHCP?  If you are not, there are a series of steps that needs to be done...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Which series of steps ? 

Actually i found the same solution on another thread and recommended by a colleague. Just tried it and it worked but is it a bug ? why do we need dhcp to get 205H working ? 

Guru Elite

Instant APs are designed to be setup when DHCP is supplied.  That is the easiest way.  With no DHCP you would have to setup the ip address using the CLI (serial interface) of the IAP:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-do-I-configure-a-static-IP-addreess-to-an-Instant-Access/ta-p/185590

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

But is it a bug coz ppl using IAP 215 or other are not facing this issue. Is it particular to 205 ?

Guru Elite

Are you supplying DHCP to the IAP?

Colin Joseph

Aruba Employee

Yup i did that and its working now. 

I just wanted to know if its a bug or specific requirement for 205 :) ?

Guru Elite

The IAP web server does not come up immediately.  Sometimes you have to wait.  You should not have to use a host file to point your client at the IAP GUI.  It should redirect you, but in your case, it is possible that the web server was not immediately up when you were trying.

Colin Joseph

Guru Elite

The IAP web server does not come up immediately.  Sometimes you have to wait.  You should not have to use a host file to point your client at the IAP GUI.  It should redirect you, but in your case, it is possible that the web server was not immediately up when you were trying.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: