Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba IAP with HP software on it

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba IAP with HP software on it

Posted May 06, 2016 12:46 PM

I have a bunch of different models of IAPs  consisting of a RAP-155, RAP-109, RAP-3WNP, IAP-105 and and IAP-103. Most were bought new and a couple I came across used. All of them work except the IAP-103. This is one of the used ones. When I attempt to connect it to the network with my existing IAP VC it never shows up.

As a test I factory reset it and separated it on to its own network and booted it. It comes alive as a new IAP but instead of the expected "instant" SSID showing up I get one called "local". When I connect to it using 192.168.11.1 I get taken to a page "local.hpcloudnetworkmanager.com" and given a login page that looks simialr to the Aruba Instant one but it's blue and has the HP Virtual Controller logo splashed on it. What little I've found on this it looks like some sort of HP subscription service. I've never seen this before now.

I was curious if there is a way to convert this IAP-103 from the HP firmware to the normal Aruba firmware so I can use it on my network. I'm not able to log in to the VC (admin/admin doesn't work) but it does have a proprietary four-pin serial port on the back. This is more of a curiosity than a necessity.

• 2.  RE: Aruba IAP with HP software on it

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 06, 2016 12:48 PM
    Please work with your Aruba SE on this.