Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba WLC assessment

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Aruba WLC assessment

Posted Feb 27, 2018 12:27 PM

Hi Friends,

I am trying to understand how we can perform an ARUBA WLAN controllers assessment based on current confiugration. 

We have ARuba controller 6000 with APs 225 & 105 in our environment. I wanted to do complete assessment and see if current configuration are aligned with best practices.

How long it takes to do the assessment if we follow Aruba best practices?

what are the methods involved ? 

Any sample reports ?

Appreciate your help.

thanks Mak

• 2.  RE: Aruba WLC assessment

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Feb 27, 2018 12:58 PM

A good place to start would be to review the Validated Reference Design guides, these documents detail the best practices when deploying Aruba products.

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs

Looking at the controllers and AP's you have mentioned previously, I would also consider looking at the Aruba EOL. Some of these products will be EOL and this would need consideration.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/end-of-life/

• 3.  RE: Aruba WLC assessment

Posted Feb 27, 2018 03:45 PM

In addition to zalion0's suggestions, you can also have a look at the following:

• 4.  RE: Aruba WLC assessment

Posted Mar 07, 2018 12:40 PM

Thank you for all the links provided.. I am trying to go through them one by one...

how long it takes to do site survey if we get air magnet tool (in terms of hours)? we have about 10 floors mostly office cubicles at each floor.

at one location we have aruba IAP 115 and 205 mix at each floor and mananged through VC, there are issues with guest network connectivity/coverage, is it good to have mix of 115 and 205 and also in a /21 subnet for guest ssid ?