Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

CP - ICMP Dest Unreachable on Port 1812 0 IAP RADIUS Request

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  CP - ICMP Dest Unreachable on Port 1812 0 IAP RADIUS Request

Posted Mar 13, 2013 01:31 PM

Hi, I'm new to IAP but not new to RADIUS or controller based access.  I'm setting up my IAP for the first time, I'm seeing ICMP dest unreachable for IAP(v6.2.0.0-3.2.0.2_37229) requests on UDP/1812 coming back from CP (v5.2.0.43003).  I have 15 controllers connecting to the same CP servers with no issues.  I've sniffed in front of the IAP and have run a dump on CP.  Both show the original radius request and a corresponding ICMP dest unreachable.

Strange since in the CP dump there are RADIUS requests before and after the IAP requests on 1812 that are serviced normally.  I've confirmed that I've created the NAS device correctly in CP.  If the NAS was set up incorrectly I would see a bad/unknown NAS entry in CP Access Tracker.  These requests are not making that high up the OSI stack even.

Has anyone seen behaviour like this before?  Suggestions welcome.

• 2.  RE: CP - ICMP Dest Unreachable on Port 1812 0 IAP RADIUS Request

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2013 02:16 PM

Did you setup dynamic radius proxy on IAP?

• 3.  RE: CP - ICMP Dest Unreachable on Port 1812 0 IAP RADIUS Request

Posted Mar 13, 2013 02:54 PM

I do indeed...also configured the virtual controller address in IAP, which is set up as a NAS device in CP.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: CP - ICMP Dest Unreachable on Port 1812 0 IAP RADIUS Request
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 13, 2013 04:13 PM

I figured out what the problem is (between the chair and keyboard).

I was pointing IAP at the management interface of my CP server instead of the data interface. 

Thanks!