Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Can IAP115 and IAP215 be used to form a Virtual Controller?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Can IAP115 and IAP215 be used to form a Virtual Controller?

Posted Jul 27, 2015 11:30 AM

I have IAPs115 and IAPs 215, checking at firmware in the download site I realized that they have different firmware for each series. So I think that probably they cann't co-reside inside the same Virtual Controller,.... but I want to confirm!

• 2.  RE: Can IAP115 and IAP215 be used to form a Virtual Controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 11:33 AM

4.1.1.7 should be available for both platforms.  Please let me know if you cannot find that version of code for both.

• 3.  RE: Can IAP115 and IAP215 be used to form a Virtual Controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 11:33 AM
    They can, you just have to manually match the firmware.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 4.  RE: Can IAP115 and IAP215 be used to form a Virtual Controller?

Posted Jul 27, 2015 11:37 AM

I can find the firmware for both of them, but I see different files for each, let say:

one file for 114/115 and other for 214/215. So, when I upgrade any APs from the Virtual Controller, I usually do a maintenance task when I upload just 1 file, I don't want the customer to do a different procedure.

• 5.  RE: Can IAP115 and IAP215 be used to form a Virtual Controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 11:45 AM

The 115 is a different model from the 215 and requires different firmware (Pegasus vs. Centaurus).  If it is a GA release of code, if the VC differs in model from an IAP that is trying to join, it requests the image server for the GA version of code for that new platform.

A certificate on IAPs with versions older than 4.1.1.6 expired, so that the image on them need to be manually upgraded to 4.1.1.7 and above.   You could be running into that issue if the code on an AP is older than that it cannot request, check or upgrade to 4.1.1.7 automatically.  You should upgrade all of your platforms manually to 4.1.1.7.  The issue should be fixed to check and automatically upgrade after that.