Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

Can you use two IAP205s to form a wireless bridge? They will be c. 20m apart

Hi,

I am looking to connect a remote building to an existing network.  Can you use two IAP205s to form a wireless bridge?  They will be c. 20m apart.  Or do I need to use IAP204s with directional antenna.

Re: Can you use two IAP205s to form a wireless bridge? They will be c. 20m apart

Can you use two IAP205s to form a wireless bridge?  Yes.

They will be c. 20m apart.  Or do I need to use IAP204s with directional antenna? IAP204s with directional antenna would likely be better in this instance however there are many variables which would dictate what AP/antenna you should use for wireless links.

Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216
-----------Mobility First Expert #11----------
-------------------------------------------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Guru Elite

Re: Can you use two IAP205s to form a wireless bridge? They will be c. 20m apart

Aodh wrote:

Hi,

I am looking to connect a remote building to an existing network.  Can you use two IAP205s to form a wireless bridge?  They will be c. 20m apart.  Or do I need to use IAP204s with directional antenna.

It is possible to do this with an IAP205.  If you have an IAP205 already, you should try this to see if it meets your requirements.  If you do not have IAP-205s, you should get an 2 IAP204 with external antennas.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/Aruba-Instant-4-1-Mesh-Configuration/ta-p/214943

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Thank you both.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: