Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 22 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Cannot link switches into Aruba Central

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Cannot link switches into Aruba Central

Posted Feb 25, 2017 05:21 PM

Hi,

I have created a trial Aruba Central and wish to kick the tyres with my Aruba 2540/2930F switches.

I added the MAC/Serial into the portal, added a license and assigned to a group , but can't do more than this. Nothing shows under the monitor section and in global > devices the switches have  a black circle next to them (I am assuming this might be green if they were checking in?)

From the switch side, I have config with a gateway and DNS and can confirm the switch can ping google.com (proves DNS/Internet access)

Is there any config to do on the switch side?

How do I troubleshoot this further? I am not that familiar with Aruba Central

I dont have a lot of visibility on the on-prem firewall, it is Cisco ASA and I dont believe there is egress filtering.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Cannot link switches into Aruba Central

Posted Feb 26, 2017 11:41 PM

Hi ,

Please ensure switches are on the following versions:

Aruba 2930F Switch Series—WC.16.02.0012 or later

Aruba 2540 Switch Series—YC.16.02.0012 or later

There is a documentation tab on the top right hand corner which contains the steps to configure the switches.

• 3.  RE: Cannot link switches into Aruba Central

Posted Apr 13, 2018 02:40 PM

I have the same problem... did some body know how to add switches into aruba central?  i can't find any documentation for this.  Switches are 2930F