Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

Casting not working IAP-205 & 215

This is my home network. Flat network. Cisco 3560G PoE for layer 2 connected to an Asus rotuer for layer 3. I've got a Vizio smart TV and Nvidia Shield wired into the switch. iPhones and Android phones wireless to the Aruba IAP-205 and IAP-215 which are paired together.

I'm new to Aruba, but have Cisco wireless experience. I've tried finding all the different multicast options as well as scoured the forums for answers, but nothing I try works.

Connected to the Asus router's wifi I can cast youtube/netflix videos to both devices. When I connect to the Aruba wifi the casting options is gone. Any ideas? Let me know if more information is needed.

Guru Elite

Re: Casting not working IAP-205 & 215

Please try the method over here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-do-i-enable-DLNA-on-the-IAP/ta-p/192915

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I currently have all of those enabled to allow everything.

aruba_settings01.PNG

Guru Elite

What version of Instant code and what OS is the device you are using to cast,?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

6.5.2.0 on the APs

5.2 on the Nvidia Shield

iOS 10.3.2 on iPhone 6S

Guru Elite

I would try disabling Broadcast Filtering in the advanced configuration of the SSID and uncheck bonjour and DLNA in Airgroup.  Try those two steps and see if it is working.  

Lastly, I would try an android device to do the casting to see if there is a difference. 

Colin Joseph

New Contributor

Disabling DLNA and bonjour did the trick. No idea why, but thanks!

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: