Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Clearpass Guest: Unique-device-count attribute

This thread has been viewed 16 times
  • 1.  Clearpass Guest: Unique-device-count attribute

Posted Jan 29, 2018 08:36 AM

Hi

I'm having trouble understanding the "unique-device-count" attribute in Clearpass.

Basically in our Guest enforcement policy, our first condition is:
    (Authorization:[Endpoints Repository]: Unique-Device-Count GREATER_THAN 3)

When a Guest user registers via CWP they must specifiy an employee and employee email address. This request is then sent to the employee who clicks on the link and confirms or rejects the guest request.

If the guest account is confirmed then the "Login" button on the Guest user splash page highlights orange and they can click this to continue with Internet access.

I have tested and this has worked in the past for me with no issues. However, after trying today I keep getting a "Login Error. Please Retry" message.

From looking at the Access Tracker I can see that my request has been rejected (under Input > Authorization Attributes) due to my Unique-Device-Count being 4 (greater than 3).

Is there a method whereby I can clear/wipe the Unique-Device-Count attribute? I have tried deleting my account from 'Guest > Manage Accounts' list to no avail.

Thanks
    Paul

• 2.  RE: Clearpass Guest: Unique-device-count attribute

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 29, 2018 09:25 AM

You'd need to clear the attribute from the endpoints database. If you're not using that feature, remove the post auth update and rules from your enforcement policies.

• 3.  RE: Clearpass Guest: Unique-device-count attribute

Posted Jan 29, 2018 09:41 AM

Hi Tim

Thank you for your quick reply.

When you say "if we are not using this feature", is this an additional license or is this built into Clearpass somewhere? Currently I have the following Clearpass options:

ClearPass Policy Manager

ClearPass Guest

Clearpass Onboard

ClearPass Insight

Can I view and/or maniputlate the Endpoints Database within one of these options?

Thanks

Paul