Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Commands to enable an SSID on only 1 IAP in a cluster?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Commands to enable an SSID on only 1 IAP in a cluster?

Posted Jul 21, 2017 02:06 PM

I am trying to find a way to broadcast a special SSID on only 1 of our IAPs in a cluster.  This is for ease of district-wide device provisioning.

The SSID is globally defined, but disabled.  Now I need to enable it on select IAPs, or just this one IAP.

I was looking through the IAP CLI command guide, but I don't see an option for a per-AP configuration piece to be applied for SSID.

I am running 6.5.2.1.

Any thoughts?

• 2.  RE: Commands to enable an SSID on only 1 IAP in a cluster?
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 21, 2017 02:16 PM

Have you tried the zone feature? This will allow you to assign a SSID to a specific IAP.

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_41_Mobile/Advanced/Content/UG_files/CustomizeIAPParams/Conf_zone_settings.htm

• 3.  RE: Commands to enable an SSID on only 1 IAP in a cluster?

Posted Jul 21, 2017 02:35 PM
    That was exactly what I needed.

In short:
    In the SSID for which I only want in one area, I set the zone for that SSID, and I place that IAP in that zone.
    The IAP will broadcast the special Zone-only SSID, as well as the SSID's that aren't zone-specific (i.e. normal, global, SSIDs we're used to).

Great quick reply!

• 4.  RE: Commands to enable an SSID on only 1 IAP in a cluster?

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jul 21, 2017 02:36 PM

Glad to help :)